How to be a great localyokl
- Take your guests off the usual tourist route. Being a localyokl is all about unique experiences that tourists would not be able to get with traditional tourist providers.
- Make it fun! Your guest is here to have a fantastic time, so go the extra mile to make their experience memorable. The more they love the experience the more bucks you’ll make!
- Sweat the small stuff – little things make such a difference. Throw in a freebie like some cold water, or have sunscreen and spare hats on hand. Or you might want to surprise your guest with a spontaneous offer like stopping to watch the sunset over the ranges. If you sweat the small stuff your guest will appreciate it and recommend you to others.
Become a localyokl
Anyone can be a localyokl and it’s free! If you’re passionate about a hobby or experience then join the localyokl community and host visitors from around the world. By offering authentic and unique local experiences you can earn as much you like and make new friends while doing it. You choose who you want to host, for how long and for how much. Simple!
How it works
Step 1: Sign up to become a localyokl
Complete a profile description, add some photos of you doing cool stuff, detail the experiences you want to share and the price.
Step 2: Travellers will find your listing and book
You’ll get an email request and can provide a reservation confirmation via our profile dashboard. Have fun sharing the best corners of your life!
Step 3: Get paid
There’s a number of payment options – Paypal, direct deposit, international money wire. You get automatically paid 24 hours after confirming the experience has been hosted. Simple!
- Gold Coast seafood tour with a local foodie
- Vintage bike ride wineries tour through Tamborine Mountain
- Sail and scuba experience to the Tangalooma wreck
- Seafood cooking class & dinner party at a local’s waterfront property
- Local market bargain shopping tour
- Sunrise balance meditation and yoga on the beach
- Nature photo shoot tour through hidden hinterland spots
- Queensland outback heritage walking tour
- Mustering on a Queensland cattle property
- Koala spotting in the Redlands
- Kayaking on the Gold Coast broadwater and champagne picnic
- Dirt biking through Logan National Forest
- Horse riding on Noose beach
- Club crawl through Surfers
- Beach run along Gold Coast shoreline
- Organic market tour and breakfast
- Mango picking and home made barbeque
- Rollerblading on Surfers Esplanade
- The great Australian pie hunt
- Alternative restaurant tour with a local foodie